Saturday, June 23, 2012

Driving Cars on Corrugated Card

I’m not sure if this is an activity or just a really easy way to fill some time, or both! We started off looking for some cardboard to frame a couple of photos. B chose the corrugated sheet and was immediately engrossed with it. He scratched it, poked at it, twisted it. We had used corrugated card before, but it was a while ago, and I could see a new fascination with it.

It seemed counterintuitive to stand and watch or give comment. So I left him alone. A long while later I found him driving his cars from one end of the room to the other, across the corrugated card to a parking lot on the carpet. He had also drawn on the card since I had left. He looked very happy and completely engrossed in his work.

Later, as I took photos, he told me all about the cars’ journey and how they went bumpity bump across the card.

Completely Engrossed

Bumpity Bump Bump!

2 comments:

  1. nice blog.
    Unique Packaging is one of the eminent manufacturers and suppliers of a wide range of Corrugated Paper Boxes and Rolls. Corrugated Rolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A brilliant collection of boxes and rolls. My son would love to explore, create and build with something like those!

      Delete